Question:

From Norwich, Connecticut, USA:

While my son does not have diabetes, his genetic disorder produces the same end result as hypoglycemia, and I read with interest the article on the uncooked cornstarch bars. Are such bars available to be purchased in my area? They would be helpful in keeping his sugar levels stable.

Answer:

Try Extend Bar or call 1-877-3EXTEND.

Additional comments from Dr. David Schwartz:

I've seen these in groceries and pharmacies. Ask the pharmacist.

Additional comments from Dr. Stuart Brink:

Any pharmacy or medical supply store can order these from the manufacturer for you.

Additional comments from David Mendosa, A Writer on the Web:

You can order Extend Bars from the Web site at www.extendbar.com. An alternative is NiteBite, which you can order at www.nitebite.com.

RM