Question:

From Luray, Virginia, USA:

I am 22 years old and wonder why it is that I seem to have more stable blood sugars taking two shots a day of Lente and Regular at breakfast and dinner, than two shots a day of Lente and Humalog at breakfast and dinner with two extra shots of Humalog at lunch and bedtime.

Answer:

The most important part about taking excellent care of diabetes is being creative and flexible -- finding the very best combination of insulin(s) and methods of delivery (pump vs. shots) that yield the most acceptable results for you. It seems to me that you've found the best combination of insulin dosing that is working best for you.