From West Lafayette, Indiana, USA:

I am a 38 year old nurse who has had type 1 for 18 years, and lately I have noticed symptoms of depression. Is it common for people with diabetes to develop depression? Why? I would like to know which direction to turn for the appropriate help

Yes, there is a correlation between diabetes and depression. I am pleased that you are aware of your feelings and seeking assistance. Please search for a therapist who is skilled in treating chronic disease issues and who has some decent comprehension of the unique demands of diabetes.

Posted to Behavior