From New Orleans, Louisiana, USA:

I am 21 years old, and was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 16, and my 25 year old fiance also has type 1 diabetes, diagnosed at the age of two. Is the chance that when and if we do have a child that the child will be born with or develop diabetes also?

There are many causes of diabetes as well. Even though you both have diabetes, it does not mean that your children will. However, it may be worth doing some early screening on your children.

[Editor's comment: See The Risk of Developing Type 1 Diabetes. SS]

Posted to Genetics and Heredity