From Coconut Creek, Florida, USA:

I am a first grade teacher of a child with diabetes who is experiencing many academic difficulties, and although I have tried everything I can think of to do to help him be successful, it is not enough. Is there a website, publication, or any kind of support/help group for teachers of children with diabetes?

If you really want to help this child, arrange a meeting with the parents and qualified professionals in your school district who can test and evaluate this child for the causes of his or her learning difficulties. Only then will the child receive the special services to meet the child's needs. Leaving the child to underachieve in your classroom while you try to experiment on how to improve your teaching skills would be cruel and unethical. Call for help today!

Posted to School and Daycare