From Naperville, Illinois, USA:

I feel the best when my blood sugar is 130-140 mg/dl [7.2-7.8 mmol/L]. If my blood sugar is below 100 mg/dl [5.6 mmol/L], I become very tired and my vision is affected. One doctor stated it was because my body was not used to normal blood sugars. Why is it that I feel better with slightly elevated blood sugars?

Normal blood sugars are 80-120 mg/dl [4.4-6.7 mmol/L] mg/dl. Human physiology closely guards this normal range. When diabetes occurs, the values of 130-140 mg/dl [7.2-7.8 mmol/L] are clearly elevated. I would agree with your physician. Having some fatigue with sugars in the normal range is the short-term price for normalizing sugars and better health. You should be encouraged to pursue these normal sugars, despite the temporary symptoms.