From Land O' Lakes, Florida, USA:

My wife has been told she has diabetes (although she has not gone for blood work yet), and she has been checking her blood but can't seem to get it down below 250 mg/dl [13.9 mmol/L]. What should we do ?

If your wife is having symptoms of hyperglycemia, including frequent urination, extreme thirst, weight loss, blurring of vision, and fatigue, and these high blood sugars, I would suggest your wife speak with her physician as soon as possible about medicine (oral or insulin) to bring the sugars down.

Posted to Hyperglycemia and DKA