From Kansas, USA:

Have people been diagnosed with diabetes that don't even have it?

I'm unaware of the diagnosis of diabetes being made without true disease.

[Editor's comment: I suspect this has happened, but that would be very rare. SS]

[Editor's comment: There are reports that if a patient has a different disorder, called renal glycosuria (which does have glucosuria and normal blood sugar levels), that diabetes mellitus might be misdiagnosed. Such a case is reported in PubMed, at Renal glycosuria treated as diabetes mellitus. WWQ]