From Knoxville, Tennessee, USA:

My 21 month old daughter was recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, and I am having trouble finding calorie intake and portion size (carb counting) information for her age. Any resources would be appreciated.

Hopefully, if your daughter was newly diagnosed with diabetes, your physician has referred you to a registered dietitian who specializes in children with diabetes to develop an individualized meal plan for your young daughter. Especially at this young age, a dietitian is integral in assuring that a proper calorie level is established for growth needs and optimal blood sugar control. If this has not happened yet, please ask.

[Editor's comment: You will find Sweet Kids: How to Balance Diabetes Control & Good Nutrition with Family Peace by Betty Brackenridge and Richard Rubin quite helpful in feeding a toddler with diabetes. SS]