From Pennsylvania, USA:

I am 25 years old, and I have had type 1 diabetes for seven years. About six months ago, I was experiencing symptoms like menopause, and after testing, the doctors found I have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, but no one can seem to understand how I have type 1 diabetes and PCOS. They decided to check for GAD antibodies, and the level was 5.3. Any input? Is my case completely strange, or have you seen this before?

Typeá2 diabetes is more than 10 times as common as typeá1 diabetes and is more common in patients with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, but you could have a predisposition for both types of diabetes. Since PCOS involves insulin resistance, I am perfectly satisfied you have both types. You need to be on Glucophage [metformin] too to improve your insulin resistance.