From New Cambria, Missouri, USA:

When I started to take my insulin shots, the injection site bleeds after I have finished. Should this be happening?

Occasionally when an insulin shot is given, a small blood vessel in the skin is hit with the needle. This can cause some minor bleeding and a resulting bruise. This should have no dramatic effect on the insulin given so it is not necessary to repeat the dose. This will occasionally happen even in the best of circumstances and is normal.

[Editor's comment: If you are on routine daily If you are on routine daily aspirin therapy, bruising and bleeding at injection sites and fingerpoke sites would be more likely. WWQ]