Question:

From Centreville, Maryland, USA:

I was recently tested for type 1 diabetes (my results have not come back yet) because I have been experiencing monthly yeast infections, and my two year old daughter constantly has yeast infections and uncontrollable dry skin on the legs. Should I be concerned about this?

Answer:

Diabetes is associated with vaginal yeast infections, but there are also lots of other reasons for having recurrent yeast problems. You are wise to get this tested. It is unlikely that this is a symptom or sign of a very young child, but why not discuss this with your daughter's medical team to be sure?