From Melvindale, Michigan, USA:

I was very overweight, had an inactive lifestyle, and I took four to five insulin shots per day for 20 years. However, after losing over 125 pounds and exercising regularly, I am now on pills three times a day, and so far, my blood sugars have been perfect. Do a lot of people successfully change from shots to pills?

Good for you! I would say a lot of people do not because it is very difficult to lose that much weight while on insulin. The loss of weight significantly increases the effect of the insulin so that you are now responsive to the pills, where you were not before.

Posted to Daily Care and Type 2