From Saint Louis, Missouri, USA:

I am a 27 year old slender female, and three years ago I had an episode of passing out. After I got up, I felt like my whole body was going into convulsions, and I guess I had some symptoms of excessive dehydration like horrible shakes and hyperventilation. (I was drinking alcohol the night before.) I was taken to the hospital where my blood sugar was 249 mg/dl [13.8 mmol/L]. Since then, I have gotten a fasting blood sugar every year, and while it is always in the 80 mg/dl [4.4 mmol/L] range, I am still worried about whether I have diabetes. What do you think happened to me?

I question whether you have diabetes; probably not. The diagnosis is made when sugars are elevated on more than one occasion. Could it be possible that the high sugar in the hospital was drawn above an intravenous line infusing glucose?