From England:

My friend takes pills and cocaine despite the fact he has type 1 diabetes. I am aware of all the effects of street drugs, but are there any other different effects he may encounter with his condition?

Taking street drugs is just not smart. It is risk taking. Diabetes requires all your faculties to take good care of yourself. If you take drugs that alter your mental status, and you also have diabetes and take insulin, you don't know if you are having an effect from the medications or from a high or low blood sugar. The severe low blood sugar that may occur with cocaine could be lethal.

Posted to Behavior