From Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom:

My 31 year old brother is currently being tested for diabetes and has to do regular blood sugar tests at home. He has been told to get in touch with the hospital if his reading is above 9 mmol/L [162 mg/dl], and when he did a sample test on me (age 34) my reading was 10.5 mmol/L [189 mg/dl]. However, I do not consider that I have any of the symptoms, despite being overweight. Should I be concerned?

The random sugar level obtained by your brother needs further confirmation through your physician's office and the clinical laboratory. I would recommend you have a fasting blood sugar through your physician to more accurately determine your chances of having diabetes.

The fact you have no symptoms does not mean you do not have diabetes, especially if you are obese and have a family history.