From Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, USA:

I am a 19 year old college freshman, diagnosed with type 1 diabetes about three and a half years ago, and I was considering the pump, but I am worried about physical activity. I am worried that if I want to exercise or play sports with friends in my free time, the pump will be bumped and cause damage or pain. Is the pump a good idea if I plan on participating in physical activity with friends?

The pump should be no problem for an active lifestyle. After an initial adjustment period (give yourself about a month), I think you will find it to not be in the way at all. You may need to have a holder for it if you are wearing it all day for an active sport, as beach volleyball.

[Editor's comment: See Is pumping for you? and Insulin Pumps. SS]

Posted to Insulin Pumps