From Nevada, USA:

How does peanut butter fit into a meal plan for people with diabetes? Can someone with diabetes eat it without experiencing any problems?

I am probably about the worst person to ask about peanut butter since I have a sign in my kitchen which says, "I Believe in Peanut Butter," and I have never found a bad jar of peanut butter, but of course I must try all kinds. Just a little bit, of course.

Anyway, the reality is that peanut butter is rich in good fats, but of course those fats contain a lot of calories. So two tablespoons of peanut butter, which isn't much (get out your measuring spoon and measure it sometime) have about 200 calories. It does have protein in it, but that two tablespoons' serving is considered two high fat meat exchanges. So moderation is best here. If you do want a PB and J sandwich (I assume you use the low sugar jam) go heavier on the jam than the peanut butter.