From Jonesboro, Georgia, USA:

I have low blood sugar, and I am concerned that my 10 year old daughter has possible hypoglycemia because when I tested her, her blood sugar was 44 mg/dl [2.4 mmol/L], and I was kind of shocked. My daughter does have a problem with concentrating on anything, and is not overweight, but she started having problems with acne, and mood swings. Is 44 mg/dl [2.4 mmol/L] that low for a very active 10 year old girl? I am not sure how this all works with children.

A reading of 44 mg/dl [2.4 mmol/L] is low for a child. It is worthwhile getting this checked out further. Please take your daughter to her doctor for evaluation.

Posted to Diagnosis and Symptoms and Hypoglycemia