From La Canada, California, USA:

I was using the Novopen 3 up until recently, when I was notified by my pharmacist that they (and other drug-suppliers) have stopped carrying the Penfill insulin cartridges that I need. I have just begun my search for a comparable or better product because I have had to go back to the (unfortunate) inconvenience of using regular 1/2 cc syringes, as opposed to the discreet and wonderful insulin-pen. Can you provide any advice?

I have just returned from a scientific meeting about some data from Novo-Nordisk pharmaceuticals. The 3 cc refills for the NovoPen® 3 should be available! The 1.5 cc refills are likely going to go by the wayside. While there may be other Novo pen products available, your pharmacy should still be able to get the 3 cc cartridges.

Additional comments from Dr. Donough O'Brien:

The nurses tell me that if you are using Humalog and NPH, you should now use the Lilly disposable pen because the Novopen 3 can no longer be used with Lilly cartridges.

Posted to Community Resources and Insulin