From Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA:

At the age of 18 months, my six year old son had viral meningitis, and shortly there after he gain about 15 pounds in a couple of months. Doctors have screened him for thyroid disease but can't seem to explain the continuous weight gain so I plan to get him screened for diabetes. Has there been any connection between viral meningitis and diabetes?

There is no connection known to me except that any infection can be the final insult if a person is susceptible. There are some very rare encephalitis viruses that can also damage the pancreas but encephalitis is not the same as meningitis.