Question:

From Ontario, Canada:

If my son was ever having a seizure, would his body be shaking or moving? If I ever have to use glucagon for my son, would he have to be held down?

Answer:

If you have to use the Glucagon Emergency Kit, your son may have to be held down, but more likely he would be unconscious, so giving the injection is theoretically not too difficult since you are not fighting him. However, in working with families with diabetes, it is very hard for family members to see the person with diabetes unresponsive, so the person who must give the injection is usually upset and shaking to try to do so as quickly as possible. A dry run of how it all works often helps.

LSF