Question:

I am 12 years old. Lately I have been thirsty, have had cotton mouth, have had to urinate a lot, and last night I wet the bed. Diabetes runs in my family so I'm very scared. If you can help me please write!

Answer:

It sure does sound scary, if you've looked at the list of symptoms of diabetes, and wonder if you have it. Best thing to do will be to find out, and then deal with it if you've got it.

Your parents should set an appointment for you to see a medical professional as soon as possible. This means in days, not weeks or months. If your doctor's office is unable to schedule an appointment, find out where testing can be done without an appointment (for example, at an Emergency Room, Urgent Care Clinic, or Public Health Nurse) and arrange to have the results forwarded to your physician.

Go for it!

WWQ

DTQ-ONCDMGB20020406