From a social worker in Decatur, Georgia, USA:

I am working with an 18 year old, living in a group home, who has had type 1 diabetes for several years. I am looking for a support group for youths around her age in the area and have found some difficulty. Is there a specific web site that addresses local support groups?

The websites of both the Decatur Memorial Hospital and the DeKalb Medical Center list support groups as part of their services.

[Editor's comment: I would also contact your local chapters of the American Diabetes Association and Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. SS]