From Erie, Pennsylvania, USA:

I just learned (and I do not hope this is true) that McDonald's and Burger King may sugar coat their french fries. If they do, why didn't my doctor and nurses know about this? Why don't they McDonald's and Burger King tell anyone?

I believe Burger King coats their fries with a sugar based coating which may increase the carb content, but I'm not sure how much. McDonald's does not. Ask managers at your nearby restaurants for nutrition information regarding the fries and keep in mind that you are more concerned about comparing the serving sizes and the total carbohydrate content, not sugar content, of these items.

I'm glad you're asking these good questions and trying to work meals at fast food restaurants into your meal plan in moderation.