From Gold Coast, Australia:

My seven year old son, diagnosed with type 1 diabetes about a year ago and treated with twice daily Protaphane with Actrapid, is getting bored with the snacks I am giving him. He doesn't not like things like baby carrots, celery sticks, lean turkey or ham or stalks of broccoli, and we live in a very warm climate here. He is a good kid and takes his snacks when he is supposed to but says,"Mum, I am tired of this or that. May I have something else please?" I have run out of ideas, and I was wondering if anyone has any helpful hints for snacks for my seven year old.

This typically tends to be the case when a kid with diabetes develops the signs and symptoms of "snack burnout". I would suggest that you mention this to your diabetes dietitian or health care team and ask for input. Remember any food can fit into a diabetes meal plan for kids with a little bit of imagination, not just the "old tried and true" customary peanut butter and cracker snacks.

It is important that your son continue with snacks instead of giving them up due to boredom in order to help with growth and match his insulin.