From Sylvester, Georgia, USA:

My 46 year old husband was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about four weeks ago. What is the normal recommended carbohydrate intake for an adult male?

There is no way to determine this without knowing height, weight, and diabetes status. If you are looking for a meal plan for your husband, it is important that, if possible, he meet with a registered dietitian, well versed in diabetes management. Meal plans need to individualized according to weight and blood glucose goals while taking food preferences and lifestyle into consideration. I suggest you set up an appointment as soon as possible.