From Adelphi, Maryland, USA:

About 11 months ago, I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and hypertension. I am on an anti-hypertensive, take Glucophage XR once a day, try to exercise at least five days a weeks, my food diet is from the American Diabetes Association chart, and I never miss my medicine. My blood glucose readings stay around 84-97 mg/dl [4.7-5.4 mmol/L], but I started a new job about two weeks ago, and I am tired. I am not exercising as much as before, and lately they have gone up to about 102-113 mg/dl [5.6-6.3 mmol/L], which for me is high, and I am concerned about my numbers. My blood pressure stays around 107/69-117/76. What could be causing the increase? What can I do?

Your numbers seem okay for now. They are within the target range. Try to exercise more, eat right and take the medicine as directed. If they continue to rise, you may need more Glucophage XR [metformin]. Your blood pressure seems okay for now to me.

[Editor's comment: If you haven't mentioned the fatigue to your physician, please do. WWQ]

Posted to Daily Care and Type 2