From Pasadena, Texas, USA:

My eight year old son complains about his stomach quite often, and recently he has been complaining about his feet either burning or itching. I know that this occurs in older people with diabetes, and I have read that the number of children with type 2 diabetes is on the rise, so we are going to have him tested.

Stomach problems and feet problems are not common symptoms of diabetes, but rather complications of longstanding diabetes. I would review the problems you describe with your son's physician if you have continued concerns.