From Douglasville, Georgia, USA:

My nine year old son was just diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, and while my insurance will pay for the strips, it does not for the meter. Can you tell me where I can get a free One Touch Ultra meter?

Ask your son's diabetes nurse. He/she should have (or be able to get) you a free One Touch® Ultra. If all else fails, call the LifeScan 1-800 number and ask to speak with customer service about your problem.

[Editor's comment: Many pharmacies offer special promotions on products such as blood glucose meters. Call around to several pharmacies in your area to see if any can help you. JSH]