Question:

From Pounding Mill, Virginia, USA::

Along with the Glucophage XR and Actos my husband is already taking, yesterday his doctor added Glucotrol. Is this okay to be taking all of this diabetes medicine together?

Answer:

This is frequently done. If your husband has liver disease, he should take great caution in using both the Actos [pioglitazone] and the Glucophage XR [metformin]. The same holds true with heart failure and kidney failure. If used with caution and close follow-up, this is acceptable. I would, however, ask his physician about goals, and if not met, consider switching to insulin.

DTQ-20020402161202FU
Posted to Pills for Diabetes