From Pounding Mill, Virginia, USA::

Along with the Glucophage XR and Actos my husband is already taking, yesterday his doctor added Glucotrol. Is this okay to be taking all of this diabetes medicine together?

This is frequently done. If your husband has liver disease, he should take great caution in using both the Actos [pioglitazone] and the Glucophage XR [metformin]. The same holds true with heart failure and kidney failure. If used with caution and close follow-up, this is acceptable. I would, however, ask his physician about goals, and if not met, consider switching to insulin.

Posted to Pills for Diabetes