Question:

From England:

My five year old daughter was diagnosed two and a half years ago and is on daily insulin injections, but I have heard there is a "pump" which is available for dispensing of insulin. Could you please tell me more information about this "pump"? Is it available in the UK?

Answer:

There is an insulin pump. In fact, there are at least three pump companies. Insulin pumps have been available for more than 20 years. You should go to Insulin Pump Therapy, and the pump chat room at this website to get more information.

Pumps are available in the UK. You should also consider talking to your diabetes team since they may have some ideas and experiences as well.

Posted to Insulin Pumps