Question:

From Bangkok, Thailand:

If I use Humalog and NPH, can I mix them in the same syringe without changing their action?

Answer:

You can mix NPH and Humalog without dramatically affecting their individual actions.

[Editor's comment: If you do mix, it's best to mix the two insulins, then immediately inject the mixture. There's some concern that if the loaded syringe sits around for a while, perhaps over 5 minutes, there might be a difference in the time-course of when the insulin works.

Never mix Lantus (insulin glargine) with other insulins. WWQ]