From Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA:

My 28 year old husband has had diabetes since age eight, his parents do not have it, and I know you said there is a 6% chance of passing this on to our children. Is that out of 100%? Is that a large or small risk?

Whether it's a small or large risk is up to you. It is a larger risk for a child of someone with type 1 diabetes compared to the population at large. Also -- the 6% is out of 100% and means that if you take 100 folks with type 1 diabetes, six of their children are likely to develop diabetes also.

Posted to Genetics and Heredity