Question:

I am a senior citizen who has had 2 diabetes for five years. What is your view about a natural herbal food compound in the form of pills named Gourdin produced by a doctor from India and promising very good results in diabetes treatment?

Answer:

My own personal opinion is that Gourdin is not just another dietary supplement but that it is actually fraudulent in that it claims to be of significant value in treating both type 1 and type 2 diabetes in the absence of any definitive clinical trials. It is not approved by the FDA, and it contravenes their regulations in making claims to benefit specific conditions especially that it effects regeneration of insulin producing cells.

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations