From Vancouver, Canada:

I have type 1 diabetes and am having trouble with my weight. Will diet pills affect my blood sugars? How?

Diet pills can cover a broad spectrum of medications with different mechanisms for weight loss. You need to be more specific about which diet pill. Currently, there are only two FDA-approved medications for chronic weight loss (Meridia and Xenical), which have to be used and followed with the aid of your physician. Clearly, if you have underlying kidney problems, heart problems, digestive problems, or are on certain medications, they may be contraindicated.

In the big picture, if you lose weight, this will decrease your insulin requirements. However, I would warn you that you cannot successfully lose weight without committing to lifestyle changes, including a diet and regular exercise.

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss