From New York, New York, USA:

I am 63 years old, I have had type 2 diabetes for 16 years, I am careful with my diet and exercise, I am on Amaryl once a day, and per my doctor's instructions, I test after getting up in the morning and three hours after dinner. My blood sugars are 95-111mg/dl [5.2-6.2 mmol/L] most times three hours after eating, but my fasting blood sugars are 122-143 mg/dl [6.8-7.9 mmol/L]. Why? What can I do so that I don't have this rise in blood sugars in the morning?

Type 2 diabetes is a progressive disorder, and I expect your Amaryl [glimepiride] isn't enough anymore. You should ask your doctor about adding other medications if your kidneys are okay.

[Editor's comment: If by chance you are eating a bedtime snack, you might try discontinuing it and watching what happens. WWQ]

Posted to Daily Care and Type 2