Question:

From Paulding, Ohio, USA:

My 21 year old son, diagnosed with type 1 diabetes a year ago, has lost 40 pounds (but was never overweight) with diet and exercise and is now off of medication. His last hemoglobin A1c was 5.2%, and his sugars have been good, but he has recently been having trouble with tremor in his hands and arms. What could be the cause of the shaking other than hypoglycemia?

Answer:

I'm sorry, but it is impossible to offer a valuable opinion of your son's problem in this venue. There are many things that can cause the tremors you describe, and I would recommend that your son see his physician about this as soon as possible,