From Cambridge, Ontario, Canada:

Although I haven't as yet been diagnosed with diabetes, I do have a problem with my blood sugar bottoming out. At times, it's too low to read with a glucose meter, and I get all the associated effects of hypoglycemia (dry mouth, very dizzy, total confusion, etc.). It's almost as if one had consumed an vast quantity of alcohol. What can I do? Should I be concerned?

I think we all occasionally get a bit low, feel bad and eat to feel better. Watch your weight and exercise -- that's the key to prevention of type 2 diabetes.

[Editor's comment: See Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) for information about the study that showed diabetes can be delayed. SS]