From Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA:

My boyfriend, who uses an insulin pump with Humalog, was recently dropped from his insurance. Is there a place that he can go that would help with either free insulin or insulin at a reduced rate?

The human resource person at his job should have ideas as to what he can do. There often is a COBRA plan available that will cover him for a certain period of time, although he pays quite a bit for it. As far as his diabetes care needs, I would suggest he speak with his diabetes team ASAP.

Additional comments from David S. Holtzman, Esq.:

Why was he dropped from his insurance? Is he under the age of 18? Does he have a job or is he a student? Does he live at home? Do the two of you share a home? If so, do you have health insurance coverage? These are all questions that would help in providing assistance to you in this matter.

Additional comments from David Mendosa, A Writer on the Web:

Please see the special highlighted section on Financial Aid and its links at the bottom of General Web Sites at On-line Diabetes Resources.