Question:

From Copiague, New York, USA:

Recently, in the movie Panic Room, I saw a new testing device that looks like a watch and tests sugar levels. Who puts out this amazing product? Is it on the market yet? Would life be so easy if this really works? Can you explain how this tests levels?

Answer:

My understanding is that is "Hollywoodization" of a device similar to the GlucoWatch.

[Editor's comment: We have received several similar inquiries, but have not found any solid information about how the device was "invented." If any of our readers has seen any discussion of who/how/when this device came about, please forward the information to us! WWQ]