From Hialeah, Florida, USA:

I am a 43 year old female who has type 2 diabetes, treated with two medications, and for the past three months, sometimes in the middle of the night my blood sugar goes up to 406-418 mg/dl [22.5-23.2 mmol/L], my fasting blood sugar is 280-340 mg/dl [15.6-18.9mmol/L], and around 11:00 am, it goes up to 120-140 mg/dl [6.7-7.8 mmol/L]. This is driving me crazy. What can I do?

Clearly, your blood sugars are not well controlled. If you are already on two oral hypoglycemic agents and have this kind of control, you may need to advance to insulin therapy. The numbers you indicate are unacceptable for long-term control and do not result in any protection from the long-term complications of diabetes. Please contact your doctor with your glucose results.

Posted to Daily Care and Type 2