Question:

From Centennial, Colorado, USA:

My 18 year old daughter is about to go off to college and live on her own (fortunately in town). She has had poor control most of her high school years, but her control is improving her control. However, she still has times when her sugars go very high. We just got an e-mail from the manufacturer of the GlucoWatch saying that this product is now available. How would you recommend an 18 year old using this product? I don't think she would be likely to wear it all the time, but how could it be used as a tool to catch rising blood sugars?

Answer:

I have had some experience with the GlucoWatch. It does offer the opportunity to monitor up to three sugars per hour and can catch trends, but it does take some commitment to use.