From Trenton, New Jersey, USA:

I am 28 years old, have had type 1 diabetes for 20 years, and I' m concerned about my high cholesterol right now. Can you please recommend a diet or some type of supplement? There is so much stuff out there.

If my cholesterol was high, and I had diabetes, I would take one of the statins. I think that is the best advice along with a healthy diet and exercise. Discuss with your physician.

[Editor's comment: See Terri D'Arrigo's article, Cholesterol:The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly in Diabetes Forecast, August 1999; Volume 52 Number 8. SS]