From Rochester, New Hampshire, USA:

I'm a 45 year old female who has had type 2 diabetes for about three and a half years, and I was just diagnosed with my first complication -- gastroparesis. For six months, I had a lot of nausea and some vomiting. My levels have been 100-200 mg/dl [5.6-11.1 mmol/L] when this kicked up again. Can this still flare up when levels are okay because the vagus nerve has suffered damage? This struck completely out of blue.

Blood glucoses are likely better since the stomach is emptying slower. Your food doesn't get digested as fast, and the glucose doesn't go up as quickly. Because of the reason, gastroparesis, it isn't pleasant. It takes a while, if it is going to get better, after glucose comes down. Ask your doctor about some medicines that might help.