Question:

With the new guidelines for air travel, I was wondering if all diabetic supplies (monitors, test strips, all types of insulin) can go through all the screening and metal detectors?

Answer:

I'm unaware of any warnings that would indicate that routine airport screening of diabetes products or supplies would result in any harm.

Blood glucose monitors and insulin pumps are mechanical and electrical devices. By comparison, laptop computers also have mechanical (disk drives) and electrical components and are not harmed by x-ray screening.

JSH

Posted to Traveling