From Berea, Ohio, USA:

I am a 17 year old teenager with a have a family history of diabetes on both sides, and I have most of the symptoms of diabetes, especially extreme hunger (I am never full), extreme thirst (I have to be constantly drinking something to the point where I keep water by my bed because I wake up in the middle of the night thirsty) and frequent urination (I can't sit through an entire class at school without going to the bathroom). I went to my doctor who said I should be tested for diabetes, and wanted to set up a time, but my mother refuses. She thinks if I do have diabetes that it is caused by my consumption of too much or not enough sugar. was wondering if anything like my diet could cause diabetes If not, I can inform my mother so she will allow me to get tested.

Getting diabetes has nothing to do with any food intake. I would suggest reviewing your symptoms with your mother with a copy of this response and encouraging her to allow you to be tested. Testing will address your concerns and should be done because of the symptoms you're describing.