From Sparks, Nevada, USA:

Our nine year old daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes two weeks ago. Is it necessary to tell her dentist and orthodontist so that they can add it to her chart? I am in information overload as it is, and I don't want to assume something is or isn't necessary.

You are certainly to be commended for wanting to keep your daughter's dentist and orthodontist aware of the diabetes diagnosis. Yes, you should notify them, at your next visit. You do not probably need to call them and tell them before then. The dental folks may need some basic education from you if you would leave your daughter there for a lengthy visit. As diabetes educators we do try to keep the dental team aware of how to handle diabetes emergencies, but there is always more that can be done.