From Independence, Missouri, USA:

Recently, my three year old granddaughter, who has type 1 diabetes, developed a yeast infection and her blood sugar has been staying high. Shouldn't her insulin amount be adjusted? Shouldn't she be taken to see her physician immediately?

I am sure that you are right in supposing that the yeast infection is related to the abnormally high blood sugars. Certainly too this would be a good time to check with the doctor, and at the same time, if she isn't followed by a children's diabetes team which includes not only a doctor, but a nurse educator, a dietitian, and a medical social worker, to think that her care might be best entrusted to such a team. They usually also have 24 hour telephone access and a system for checking blood sugar results by fax.