From Hampshire, England:

My 24 year old daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes nearly three years ago after being ill for over a year while she was at university and is now working full time. When she finished university, she seemed to drop right down and feels tired all of the time. She is coping with her job but this lethargy really does depress her some weeks when it is worse than others. Is there anything she can do to help this?

People with type 1 can get whatever illness as any other person can get, and some of them (such as mood disorder) are more common among people with diabetes. In your daughter's case I'd think of checking her hemoglobin A1c and the possibility of thyroid disease. If all of these tests turn out to be okay, I would ask her doctor for a referral to a endocrinologist for further investigations.